Personal Computers - Does Using Them Label Us as "Old?"

 " ...a slowdown in personal-computer sales ravages the industry." -Yahoo Finance, January 27, 2023

Because of that Intel is having a hard time of it. And, by observing those even 10 years younger than I have concluded: This pause could mutate into a long-term trend. Mobile phones now are smart enough to take over many of the functions that PCs do. Younger generations use their phones and don't even wonder about any need for a PC. 

As yet, I haven't kept up with smartphones enough to identity what tasks I could be performing on my android and stop doing on my Lenova laptop. Of course, anyone aware of that gap could and maybe should label me as "old." My professional life still is a tale of two technologies: PC and mobile phone.

Sure, I continue telling myself: As soon as work calms down I will make it my mission to master the smartphone. But my comfort zone is the PC. In the morning I get right on it and feel whole. When I turn on my phone I brace for unwelcome sales pitches via text. No, android and I haven't bonded. Neither did I and iPhone. 

Technology involves attachment. The relationships we aging develop or fail to can have negative impacts on networking with younger generations. 

Human Resources Communications and Intuitive Career Coaching. Award-winning book author and article ghostwriter. Confidential complimentary consultation. Then fees customized for your unique budget.

Please make an appointment with Jane Genova at janegenova374@gmail.com

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akin Gump Julia Ghahramani's March 2021 Cocaine+ Death - So?

Up-or-Out: McKinsey Raises the Pressure, In Contrast Some Law Firms Ease It through Nonequity Partner Tier

Down Memory Lane - There Was Actually a Time in When $70k for New JDs Was Big Money