Norman Rockwell Holistic Caring - It Still Lives at OU Physicians, Tulsa, OK, with Dr. Sean Huff

When I booked an urgent appointment at OU Physicians, Tulsa, OK in February, I expected competent medicine. The facility has an excellent reputation.

However, soured on the "customer service" (which used to be called "bedside manner") provided by much of the US health system in the past 40 years, I didn't anticipate genuine caring. You know, the type we boomers had experienced in those times we think back to as Norman Rockwellish. Everyone, including those in the medical community, were concerned about us. It was real. Remember how Rockwell captured the ethos of the family physician who had been totally engaged.

The “emergency” I brought to 4444 E. 41st Street, the third floor, was both physical and emotional. A wonderful team put together by Dr. Sean Huff swooped in.

The members ranged from a physician overseeing the group to a licensed social worker. They offered me the option: Just have them address the presenting problems or go a bit deeper. I looped into the latter. The message I received during those 2+ hours was: I was going to be able to bounce back.

And that I have. The focused attention gave me more than a treatment plan. It gave me hope – in lots of old-fashioned things. Take hard work, which I am now plowing into my recent career change. Yes, it still does pay off. In the past month I have grossed more revenue than I had in any previous month during the last quarters of 2022 and the first two of 2022.

Other outcomes? Already amazing. The blood pressure is down 30 points. All other systems are functioning well.

But the big-picture item is this: Thanks to the intervention of the Dr. Huff team I will be relocating from this geographical area to one 950 miles from here at the end of April. That will be a better fit socially and professionally. Yes, moving will be an ordeal. But so far, the process has not been as “hard” or expensive as it could have been.

It could help so many others who are not doing so hot for Dr. Huff to develop a tutorial for this: The kinds of patient treatment models which move the dial on not only the physical health meters but holistically.

Meanwhile, I salute the OU Physicians’ approach: team medicine.

Where are you in how you make your living? Or in your job search? Intuitive career coaching offers you a new way to go about it. Take advantage of a complimentary consultation. Schedule an appointment with Jane Genova (janegenova374@gmail.com)

Genova and Associates also provides Human Resources communications, ranging from white papers to thought-leadership articles. You will differentiate yourself from the competition. Please contact janegenova374@gmail.com or text 203-468-8579.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akin Gump Julia Ghahramani's March 2021 Cocaine+ Death - So?

Up-or-Out: McKinsey Raises the Pressure, In Contrast Some Law Firms Ease It through Nonequity Partner Tier

Down Memory Lane - There Was Actually a Time in When $70k for New JDs Was Big Money