Antisemitism - A Prayer for My Sister Anne Ring

 At one time Anne Ring was my sister Anne Genova. We grew up on the mean streets of pre-gentrified Jersey City, New Jersey. The difficulty of that background created bonds. Over the years they frayed. But she remains the little girl, nine years younger than I, whom I struggled to protect.

Up to now, Anne's life seemed to be one of safety and satisfaction. That's what I pick up from the internet. We haven't spoken since November 2023. During that time she transmitted one email and that indicated she was not "reaching out." 

After a career in healthcare Anne retired a few years ago and could enjoy life full time with her husband Scott Ring, former publisher of the Jersey Journal (one-time must-read in Hudson County, NJ). According to the internet their house in Florida has the market value of about a million. Not Elon Musk wealth but comfortable. Jersey City Kid makes good. 

Now this: With a Jewish last name, Anne, as well as her husband Scott, could be targets of antisemitism. Florida, like parts of the New York Metro area, has a large Jewish population. They could be singled out individually or be victims of collective action.

I pray for Anne. The laws of civility no longer apply.

In my coaching - and this might not be politically correct - I recommend that clients not make visible symbols of their Jewish heritage. In my corporate career I took on the protective coloring of being a WASP.

Data or the gut for your careers and communications? Both of course. Complimentary consultation with intuitive coach, content-creator, and Tarot reader Jane Genova (text 202-468-8579, janegenova374@gmail.com).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akin Gump Julia Ghahramani's March 2021 Cocaine+ Death - So?

Up-or-Out: McKinsey Raises the Pressure, In Contrast Some Law Firms Ease It through Nonequity Partner Tier

Down Memory Lane - There Was Actually a Time in When $70k for New JDs Was Big Money