Over-65, New Metric for "Making It" - Not Needing Roommate

 An arctic blast could be going through BoomerVille: threat that we may have to cave, just as in college/graduate school and in our early working years, to having at least one roommate, maybe more. 

Bloomberg posts this:

"Surging costs for housing and other expenses are prompting baby boomers to take on roommates." 

If my finances ever were in that kind of peril, I have always been determined that I would do anything to dodge that bullet. Actually I did just that post-9/11 when my investment fund, industry and communications boutique crashed.

I got myself a security guard gig in an inner city big box. Since it didn't take up a lot of brain space as does knowledge work, within about eight months I was able to start building an enterprise focused on digital marketing. No roommates for me.

The brutal reality is that human beings, complex and typically self-absorbed, are difficult to live with. If we love them, as with our biological family (sometimes) and romantic partners, we make it our business to negotiate in good faith our needs so that co-habitation is possible. 

In coaching, I guide those in financial distress beyond defaulting to a roommate solution. For example, there remain versions of the old-fashioned boarding house from the wild west. Yes, rent a room and live solo. 

After six days of co-renting a house with two other doctoraal students I sublet and found a wonderful room with an alcove for a bed in a fire trap of a boarding house on South Division Street in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Days of heaven.

In business and life you usually have only one shot at whatever. Up the odds of success with Jane Genova. I am an intuitive coach, tarot reader and content-creator. Complimentary consultation (please text/phone 203-468-8579 or email janegenova374@gmail.com)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirkland & Ellis Reported to Be Building Moat Around Firm to Deter Poaching of Stars

Akin Gump Julia Ghahramani's March 2021 Cocaine+ Death - So?

Up-or-Out: McKinsey Raises the Pressure, In Contrast Some Law Firms Ease It through Nonequity Partner Tier