So, JD Vance, I Am Saving Almost $50k Every Year By Biking It - How Blessed I Am

 The US Department of Transportation estimates the expense for operating a car is $12,182 annually. JD Vance, documents Yahoo Finance, puts that at $50k every year.

"JD Vance Shocks With Claim That Owning A New Car Costs Every American $50,000 A Year"




When I owned a Smart car in the midwest I only had to pony up about $7k a year. For the original purchase I paid $7,200 in cash. Admittedly being that much below the average played out before I relocated to the southeast where car insurance premiums have been increasing and the heat can be hard on all aspects of driving, especially tires and batteries.



More recently, after a serious accident on April 27th of this year in Rolla, Missouri, which involved personal injury (me), and after relocating soon after that in one of those 15-minute cities (can go carless for all essentials), I have decided to no longer own a car. 

Instead, during the first week of May, I had purchased an adult tricyle and had it retrofitted as an electric bike by M&M Cyling in Sierra Vista, Arizona. The initial investment had been about a thousand bucks for the tricyle and another two thousand for the retrofit. Property insurance from Tim Doser State Farm (ask for Angela) is a bit over $200 a year and four tows a year with AAA is about $90 annually. Add on another $100 for tubeless tires. I have yet to price rain gear. 

So, I guess I should be euphoric, if Vance is on the money, that I am saving about $46,510 annually. Next year it will be more because I paid for the bike and the tubeless tires in cash. 

Those savings I can put toward renting an economy car from Enterprise and tour the ghost towns in New Mexico, invest in Gen AI and hire an interior designer to create the ambiance in my housing for providing services for intuitive coaching and tarot readings (instead of renting pricey space). 

Another plus of biking it is that I have acquired celebrity status as I tool around on my e-trike. A professional colleague clued me into leveraging the heady conversations about the trike into asking if the "they" would like to have my business card. The usual gush is: "We see you all around town ..."

How blessed I am. My mentor when I was lost because of the perfect storm of aging and the shrinking prospects in most niches in communications (am 87% out of all that) - law firm Paul, Weiss chair Brad Karp - has a big success story to tell. So aspirational. The hymn "Amazing Grace" nails it:

"Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
   That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
   Was blind, but now I see."

Yes, it's all about the bike.

In business and life you usually have only one shot at whatever. Up the odds of success with Jane Genova. I am an intuitive coach, tarot reader and content-creator. Complimentary consultation (please text/phone 203-468-8579 or email janegenova374@gmail.com)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirkland & Ellis Reported to Be Building Moat Around Firm to Deter Poaching of Stars

Akin Gump Julia Ghahramani's March 2021 Cocaine+ Death - So?

Up-or-Out: McKinsey Raises the Pressure, In Contrast Some Law Firms Ease It through Nonequity Partner Tier