Journey Interrupted - But on My Way, Thanks to Dr. Jonathan Beers and Outstanding Nurses at Phelps Health, Rolla, MO

Smug. And over-the-top optimistic 

It was my second day on the journey to relocate from Youngstown, Ohio to Sierra Vista, Arizona. I was making good time, about 200 miles ahead of schedule. And I was looking forward to more opportunities for my intuitive coaching and Tarot reading boutiques. Also, after two stays in AZ the southeastern part of that state meant home to me. This time I was going to settle in.

As I was passing through Rolla,Missouri, the car tumbled over the freeway. There were no guardrails. I recall it bouncing twice. 

Talk about magical thinking. I looked at the cracked windshield and mused, oh darn, I will have to have it repaired. I started the car. No, it didn't start. I noticed a crowd gathering around. A young woman helped me out of the vehicle. I got it.

"Your eye is black,"she said. 

That was going to be the least of it. Shock, concussion and some more. Eventually I never, even in slapstick comedy, bore witness to that size black eye.

A ton of nurses went right to work in the Emergency Room in Phelps Health. I hadn't been aware they could perform such high-value tasks. Three dostors were also there. But the doctor who became imprinted in my memory bank is Dr. Jonathan Beers. He asked the right questions. And when I was ready to hear the answers he provide the details.  

Here I was in rural MO and never had I received such skilled, comprehensive and caring medical treatment. And in my career I have lived in Manhattan, the Gold Coast of Connecticut and Boston. 

Soon enough I resumed the journey. This time it was by plane. I left behind the totaled car and the myriad personal items and some office equipment like a printer. Maybe there is something to starting out fresh. Actually I have to. I am different now.  For example I will have more compassion for those in pain, physical and psychic. 

Meanwhile, if organizations truly want to analyze the best of "customer service" they should spend a few days bearing witness to the miracles at Phelp Health.

Limiting beliefs? Self-defeating? Stuck? Complimentary consultation with Coach Jane Genova (text/phone 203-468-8579, janegenova374@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akin Gump Julia Ghahramani's March 2021 Cocaine+ Death - So?

Up-or-Out: McKinsey Raises the Pressure, In Contrast Some Law Firms Ease It through Nonequity Partner Tier

Down Memory Lane - There Was Actually a Time in When $70k for New JDs Was Big Money