Clowning Around, Then a 40-Year Lucrative Career

A useless PhD. For decades I had lamented: You can't imagine how awful it was, after six years of intense study/jumping over hoops taking tests, to find out your degree was not marketable

But no need to say that now, of course. Too many find themselves in the same pickle. Follow the Reddit posts of despair about not only the PhD but also the MA/MS, MBA and BA/BS. 

So much for such careful planning. Getting the good grades, researching the programs, preparing the application materials, relocating to this or that university and then the pursuit of excellence. 

Well, after that reversal of fortune I have never planned again.

In fact, I decided to clown around. Literally. But first I needed training. 

The gold standard back then was Barnum and Bailey Clown College. Did my research. I would have to audition when the circus was in town. That was Cleveland, Ohio, at the time. I was doing soul-withering clerical work at a medical insurance company. The application, the College told me, was in the mail. 

Horror. That application listed skills, no way, could I perform. For example, doing stunts on the unicycle. I never had been athletic. 

But, my fortunes were going to change.

I got fired from that job. The next was in a small town in Pennsylvania. With nothing to do after work I researched and wrote an article on women entering the clowning profession. McCall's published it.

I was on my way to a 40-year lucrative career in business communications. For seven months I freelanced. For two years I labored in non-profit. Then Big Oil swooped me up into the money. 

As many know, there's not much of that kind of work anymore. Again I didn't plan. I shuffled some tarot cards. 


From a family of faith healers I drifted into the family mission of relieving suffering. I also continued the coaching I had been doing on a volunteer basis but this time for pay.

Lesson number-one I pass along: Open yourself to abundance. It could pass you by if you're one-dimensionally focused on whatever. 

You deserve success, deep connections and inner peace.

Let’s Remove what's blocking that with an Inspired Tarot Reading. 

Yes, You Can Ask One Free Question To Find Out More about my psychic Gift.

Jane Genova, 3rd Generation Psychic 203-468-8579, janEgenova374@gmail.com

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wachtell Partner Romancing Associate in Central Park: Let's Talk About Power

America Not Hiring in 2026: Back to Golden Age of Solopreneurs?

Scott Barshay's Leadership at Paul, Weiss Torpedoed, PR Nothing But a Joke, Sympathy for Brad Karp