BoomerVille: The Good and the Scary

 Yes, today, go out there and fill up our gas tanks. Oil prices slide. And we can feel a bit more secure about our nest eggs. Futures are up 400 points.

But, the darkness creeping in is the rising expense of healthcare. Sure, we're blessed to have access to Medicare. But recently I have been notified by United Healthcare about alarming boosts in copays and cutbacks in benefits for my Medicare Advantage supplement. 

For example, for an overnight in the hospital I will have to pony up about a hundred bucks more. The dental benefit has been cut in half. A visit to a specialist which in this zip code used to run about $35 will now set me back $60.

The estimated Social Security COLA for 2027 won't absorb that.

Me personally? I feel almost smug that I didn't stop working.

Careers. Forget all that. It’s about earning a good living, no matter what.

Complimentary consultation with Jane Genova, StreetSmart Coaching (janegenova374@gmail.com)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wachtell Partner Romancing Associate in Central Park: Let's Talk About Power

America Not Hiring in 2026: Back to Golden Age of Solopreneurs?

Scott Barshay's Leadership at Paul, Weiss Torpedoed, PR Nothing But a Joke, Sympathy for Brad Karp